JOB POSTING: IT TRAINER (Vietnamese) FOR PASSERELLES NUMERIQUES VIETNAM
IT & Training Manager
Passerelles numériques Vietnam
Start date / duration
July 2018/Long term contract
Da Nang, Vietnam
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 98 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, CA Technologies, Microsoft and Société Générale and also receives support from individual donors.
In Vietnam, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2010, with a training center based in Da Nang, in Central Vietnam. PN Vietnam offers a three-year vocational training program for young people in precarious situations. Today, PN Vietnam (PNV) trains 87 students and graduated 258 young disadvantaged since 2010.
We expect the trainer to:
- be a team player and involve other departments in students’ projects
- be curious in learning and using innovative pedagogical methods
- have good verbal, reading and writing English communication skills
- share his passion for IT and inspire students
- be flexible in his work organisation and show pro-activeness
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Training Manager, the IT trainer is in charge of the training’s delivery and quality through the following tasks:
- Teach from 12 to 16 hours per week to different PNV classes.
- Work in alignment with IT syllabus, PN teaching and educating spirit.
- Prepare, compile and adjust training material in accord with students learning and practicing approach.
- Mark periodic tests and complete soft files of results for record.
- Monitor the performance of in-charge students and report to the Training manager about their progress.
- Participate to the student’s Education.
- Have at least a BS degree in IT with good or fairly good G.P.A
- Have at least a Pre-Intermediate level of English
- Solid and recent experience as software developer in the IT industry
- Experience in teaching Programming and handling practice based workshop for beginners
- Will of teaching and pedagogy understanding
- High level of manipulating Object Oriented Design (Java, PHP)
- Autonomous with J2EE frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Struts, JSP, Swing, Fx)
- Experienced with Database (MS SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, Firebase)
- Experienced in Mobile development is a plus (Native or Hybrid)
- Aware of software development life cycle
- Aware of team development settings (Agile, Source Code, Bug report, etc.)
- Fluent Vietnamese
- Good level of English (spoken and written language is English at the office)
- Full time
- Long term contract
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English with “Application to IT trainer Position” in the subject field of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted for interview. Early-submitted applications will be prioritized.